The Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland will participate for the first time with a free Advice Centre at the 2012 National Ploughing Championships. From Tuesday 25th to Thursday 27th September, the RIAI will run an Advice Centre at the show where the public can meet a registered architect for a 20-30min consultation, completely for free.
What can I discuss with an Architect at the Ploughing Championships?
A Registered RIAI Architect can provide professional advice on a wide range of issues relating to your home and your project including:
• Improving energy efficiency and reducing your utility bills
• Building a new home or extending your current home
• Planning applications and planning issues
• LEADER funding
• Registration of septic tanks
• Sustainable development and reuse of vacant buildings
• Rep 4 Traditional farm building grants
• Conservation issues – an RIAI Conservation Architect will discuss appropriate methods and materials
What can an Architect do for me?
RIAI Architects have the qualifications, vision and experience to take you expertly through your building project. An architect does a lot more than just provide you with a set of drawings – they will help you set a realistic brief and budget, guide you through the planning process, obtain quotes for the work, manage consultants like surveyors and engineers, monitor the budget and administer the construction contract. Working with a professionally qualified and RIAI-registered architect will be the best investment you will make as part of the building project.
To book your time with an architect, please come and see us at Stand No. 726 – Row V – Block 1, within the ‘Avondale Arcade’.
For more information please visit the website.