Five commended entries have been selected for the final round of the Homes for Smart Ageing Universal Design Challenge.
The five commended ideas announced are:
- Cairdeas, a platform for lifetime communities in the Irish town;
- Multi-Generational Homes, a design concept that would allow families to live within their community over many generations;
- IRU.M.M, an Integrated Rooms Universal Mobile Modular product;
- The Abhaile Project, which develops an innovative new model for older homeowners to reconfigure their family-sized homes;
- and UrbanAge, tackling Housing/Urbanism Synergies for Smart Ageing.